The Short NAP is a (semi-regular) quick list of Microsoft Network Access Protection and Server/Domain Isolation related links from around the web. This one is a little too semi-regular, so this is almost three months worth of links. Here are the links for Wednesday the 12th of September 2007:
What Microsoft is saying about NAP:
- Louisiana State University Deploys NAP: Webcast about a real world NAP deployment
- Network Access Protection (NAP) Deployment Planning: If there’s only one NAP post you read this year, make it this one.
- Microsoft IT: 120,000 NAP Clients deployed - it’s just too darn easy!: Impressive stats takes alot of planning.
- TechEd NAP and SCCM Session Question: Ebony and Ivory? 802.1x and WOL?
- SCCM 2007 RC1 and NAP integration first thoughts: Kleefy looks at NAP integration with SCCM 2007.
- Network Access Protection with Cisco switches Blogcast: Kleefy does NAP home videos on Cisco and 802.1x
- Friday’s Security Nugget: Dave Northy’s NAP demo screencast.
- Is your IT Infrastructure Secure?: Not directly NAP related, but this is about the bigger picture.
- Securing Your Network: Down and dirty with IPsec.
- TechNet Webcast: Windows Server 2008: Advancing Network Security (Level 300): Amith Krishnan and Ian Hameroff on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, Server and Domain Isolation, and NAP.
- TechNet Radio - Network Access Protection (NAP) for Windows Server 2008: More Amith Krishnan on NAP on TechNet Radio.
- Internet Protocol Security Enforcement in the Network Access Protection Platform: Updated whitepaper on IPsec and NAP.
- Network Access Protection in Configuration Manager: Network Access Protection integration details in the Configuration Manager TechCentre.
- Understanding Windows Server 2008 Networking and Network Access Protection: Chat transcript from a NAP chat in July.
What others are saying about NAP:
- SolutionBase: Increase remote access security with Network Access Protection in Windows Vista: TechRepublic on Windows Vista and NAP.
- Collection of published Vista SP1 API changes from MSDN: Long details API changes coming in Windows Vista SP1, including those that will match NAP in Windows Server 2008.
- Windows Server 2008 NAP (Network Access Protection) infrastructure: 4sysops’s introduction to NAP.
- Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Automatic Updates - Microsoft’s confusing terminology and NAP: Automatic Updates, Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Oh my!
- Intel adds desktop NAC to latest chips: NAC support on the CPU should accelerate adoption of NAC technologies.
- Windows Server and Domain Isolation: What it is and what it does: Greg Shields will talk about Server and Domain Isolation at TechMentor in October in Las Vegas.