has turned up from Amazon today. This is a hefty book - at 816 pages it weighs a ton but there’s plenty of detail.
It’s a bit early for me to give you an idea of what the book is like, but from the brief look I’ve had it’s worth a place in your library if you’ll be dealing with Windows 2008’s networking features. The section dedicated to NAP takes up just under 1/2 of the book with some clear explanations of it’s components.
Here’s a list of the contents so you can see for yourself what’s in this book:
Part I Addressing and Packet Flow Infrastructure
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Policy-Based Quality of Service
- Scalable Networking
Part II Name Resolution Infrastructure
- Domain Name System
- Windows Internet Name Service
Part III Network Access Infrastructure
- Authentication Infrastructure
- IEEE 802.11 Wireless Networks
- IEEE 802.1X-Authenticated Wired Networks
- Remote Access VPN Connections
- Site-to-Site VPN Connections
Part IV Network Access Protection Infrastructure
- Network Access Protection Overview
- Preparing for Network Access Protection
- IPsec Enforcement
- 802.1X Enforcement
- VPN Enforcement
- DHCP Enforcement
What was a pleasant surprise is that you get a complete PDF version on the included CD, as well as 2 more books in PDF format: Understanding IPv6 2nd Edition (complete version too) and TCP/IP Fundamentals for Microsoft Windows. Not bad for £26.
Sadly for any Australian readers, you won’t be getting anywhere near that price. These best I’ve found is $89.95 AU from Booktopia. That price difference doesn’t sound fair to me.