Ment van der Plas, of Login Consultants, has gone and created the most awesome App-V client tool - the App-V 4.5 Client Diagnostic and Configuration tool:
ACDC makes it possible for administrators or users to troubleshoot virtual applications and the environment they run in:
- Launch predefined and custom commands within the virtual environment of each application.
- See the impact of the App-V Client and the available virtual applications on your system by calculating package size, cache size, user delta file size, log file size etc.
- Diagnose problems with App-V applications by parsing the App-V Client log file (in real time) and search any message online.
- Configure settings that are not visible in the App-V Client GUI, such as “Predictive Streaming”, “Allow Stream from File”, “Max Package Age” and many more.
- Give an overview of application and package information by merging important WMI, registry and OSD information in one single window.
- ACDC can be run both as an Administrator and as a Limited User. Running as a limited user will limit the functionality of the tool due to the fact that it has less permission on the system.
I’ve not had time yet to go through the tool in detail, but I’m definitely adding this one to my toolkit. Thanks Ment!