Citrix have released version 10 of the Presentation Server Client and the new Citrix Streaming Client as well as Hotfix Rollup 3 for Presentation Server 4.0:
- Citrix Presentation Server Clients Version 10.0 Win32
- Web Client Version 10.0 Win32
- Citrix Presentation Server Client Version 10.0 Linux
The new client is one ugly looking application - 16 colour icons, a splash screen and icon that looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old in Paint and the default location for the cache is still in the roaming portion of the users profile. Hey guys when are we going to get a client worthy of 2007? This version of the client does have a very interesting and welcome feature:
Non-administrator client installation. This feature allows client users who do not have administrator privileges on a €œlocked down€ computer, such as an Internet cafe or kiosk, to download the Ica32pkg.msi package and install a modified Web Client on a per-user basis. In this way, users can have secure, remote access to their applications.
Here’s some important notes from the readme:
- Caution: Do not install this hotfix rollup pack on 64-bit operating systems.
- Before installing this hotfix rollup pack, you must uninstall Hotfixes PSE400W2K3029 and PSE400R01W2K3053, if present, from Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel. Failing to do so may lead to system inconsistencies.
- Installing this hotfix rollup pack partially invalidates the following hotfixes: PSE400R02W2K3065, PSE400R02W2K3066, PSE400R02W2K3067, PSE400R02W2K3069. This happens because not all fixes in these hotfixes are included in the hotfix rollup pack. Obtain or request the corresponding replacement hotfixes for any invalidated fixes you require.
- See Knowledge Center article CTX110836 for known install behaviors and their workarounds.
- Installation Manager for Presentation Server 4.0 occasionally reports failure to deploy hotfixes and hotfix rollup packs even if the jobs succeed. See Knowledge Center article CTX110827 for more information.