About Aaron Parker
My name is Aaron Parker and I’m a Solutions Architect in the Cloud + Collaboration and Applications + Mobility teams at Insentra responsible for pre-sales and technical designs of leading class, enterprise solutions.
I’ve been in the IT industry for over 20 years and bring a wide range of experience in enterprise level End-user computing solutions, including Server-based computing, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Mobility and PC deployments.
I have experience with primarily Microsoft, Citrix and VMware-based solutions and has assisted many companies to implement these technologies across government, private sector & not-for-profit organizations. My interests lie in continuous improvements to IT to better enable business, by and taking advantage of existing solutions and new technologies and process.
I have spent the majority of my career in the channel working for system integrators in Australia and the UK and have extensive experience in the finance and transport sectors. Prior to working at Insentra, I was the pre-sales lead for the APAC region for Atlantis Computing, a leading software defined storage and hyper-converged vendor.
This site (generally) focuses on end-user computing based topics and is a way for me to not only write about interesting topics, but a way to give back the IT community. If I’ve been able to help you in your work in any way, that provides me with much satisfaction.
I’ve been speaking events such as at Citrix Synergy, BriForum & E2EVC conferences in the US and Europe since 2011, writing here since 2006 and contributing to the community in a number of other areas and am very happy and fortunate to have been awarded the following community recognitions:
|Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017|
|Microsoft Most Valued Professional (MVP) for Windows and Devices for IT ( previously App-V) – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017|
|VMware vExpert – 2016|
|VMware EUC Champion – 2016|
|AppSense Community Advisor 2012 – 2016|
Below is a selection of upcoming and recent speaking engagements and recordings, where available:
- E2EVC Sydney, March 2017, Citrix XenDesktop Machine Creation Services Deep Dive
- Experts Live Melbourne, April 2017, Modern Management for Windows 10
- Citrix Synergy Orlando, May 207
- Virtual Expo, April 2016: Managing the Modern User Experience in a Hybrid World
- Citrix Synergy Las Vegas, May 2016: UX and the Enterprise Desktop: Like Oil and Water?
- E2EVC Las Vegas, May 2016: Managing the Modern User Experience in a Hybrid World
- BriForum Boston, July 2016: UX and the Enterprise Desktop: Like Oil and Water?
- BriForum Boston, July 2016: Managing the Modern User Experience in a Hybrid World
- Melbourne VMUG, August 2016: Managing the Modern User Experience in a Hybrid World
- Virtual Expo, September 2016: UX and the Enterprise Desktop: Like Oil and Water?
- VMUG Virtual Event, December 2016, VMware EUC Champion round table
- VMware vForum Sydney, October 2015: How to Right-Size File Servers
- BriForum Denver, July 2015: I’ve got 99 Problems and Folder Redirection is Every One of Them
- Citrix Synergy Orlando, May 2015: I’ve got 99 Problems and Folder Redirection is Every One of Them
- Citrix TechXperts, May 2015: I’ve got 99 Problems and Folder Redirection is Every One of Them
- xenappblog.com Webcast, January 2015: How Folder Redirection Impacts User Experience and Breaks Applications
- BriForum Boston, July 2014 – How Folder Redirection Impacts User Experience and Breaks Applications
- BriForum Boston, July 2014 – Hands Off My Gold Image!
- Citrix Synergy, Los Angeles – Hands Off My Gold Image!
Below is a list of publications that I’ve written, co-authored or contributed to:
- July 2012: The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V
- October 2013: User Environment Management Smackdown
- May 2016: Ultimate Desktop Virtualization Best Practices Guide
The views expressed on this blog are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. If in doubt, ask.